2 days left to register for TNP Pharmacology Conference
Early Registration Ends on February 28
Over 12 hours of CE with RX is available over the two-days.
Join us for a two-day conference at the beautiful Hyatt Hill Country Resort and Spa in San Antonio, Texas. Take advantage of this high quality, focused educational opportunity and allow time to unwind at this beautiful property.
At the resort, you'll discover a charming mix of authentic Texas hospitality blended perfectly with all fun activities at a magnificent Texas Hill Country resort. Hit the beautiful fairways of the 27-hole championship golf course. Float down the Ramblin' River, and play a game of water volleyball in the four-acre water playground. Looking for a relaxing indulgence? Rejuvenate your body and spirit at the world-class Wildflower-The Hill Country Spa.
From the excitement of the River Walk to the spectacular shows at SeaWorld San Antonio, you’ll find incredible San Antonio activities and attractions just minutes from Hyatt Regency Hill Country. Explore history on the Mission Trail, get wild at the San Antonio Zoo, spend the day at Six Flags Fiesta Texas and explore The Alamo. Enjoy the adrenaline rush of white water tubing, play a round of championship golf, or wander through San Antonio museums and gardens filled with beautiful works of art.
Friday, April 26
- 7:00 - Registration Opens
- 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. Regulatory Issues Related to Prescribing in Texas
- 11:30 – 12:45 Lunch Break
- 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe- catch a bug & here we go: the ins & outs of antibiotic selection
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Break in Exhibit Hall
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. Office Based Ortho
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Exhibit Hall Closes
- 6:30 p.m. Legislative Cook-out FUNraiser (ticketed event – see details below)
Saturday, April 27
- 7:15-8:30 – “ER/LA Opioid REMS: Achieving Safe Use While Improving Care” sponsored by AANP/CO*RE. (1.25 contact hours with 1.25 RX)
- 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. Managing Chronic Pain with Narcotics, Non-Narcotics and Adjunctive Rxs
- 10:00 – 10:30 Break in Exhibit Hall
- 10:30 – 12:00 Statins, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
- 12:00 – 1:15 Lunch in Exhibit Hall
- 1:30 – 3:00 Antihypertensives: Mix and Match
- 3:00 – 3:30 Break in Exhibit Hall/Exhibit Hall Closes at 3:30
- 3:30-5:00 RX for Good Sleep: Soporifics, Benzos and Adjunctive Rxs
Early Registration through February 28, 2013
- TNP Member (full conference) = $199.00
- Non-Member (full conference) = $350.00
- TNP Member Friday only = $99.00
- Non-Member Friday only = $250.00
- TNP Member Saturday only = $99.00
- Non-Member Saturday only = $250.00
TNP Legislative Cookout
Join us at a casual networking event under large live oaks in the Texas Hill Country as we listen to the music of Danny Fast Fingers. Enjoy a tasty Texas cook-out and have a chance to win some fabulous prizes. Money raised at the cook-out will benefit TNP’s legislative advocacy program to improve access to health care in Texas. Tickets are $75. If you are not able to attend the conference but would like to attend the cook-out, to purchase tickets Click Here
The TNP Primary Care and Pharmacology Update Conference will be held at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort and Spa in San Antonio. If you would like to make a hotel reservation Click Here by April 4, 2013. Please identify yourself as an attendee of Texas Nurse Practitioners. The negotiated room rate is $161.00 plus a negotiated daily resort fee of $10 (this fee includes free internet). In addition, refrigerators are available in each guest room.
TNP Primary Care and Pharmacology Update cancellations must be made in writing and postmarked no later than April 10, 2013. Send requests to Jan Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 4425 S MoPac, Building III, Suite 405, Austin, TX 78735. Cancellations can also be faxed to 512-291-6225. All cancellations are subject to a $25 processing fee. NO CANCELLATIONS will be accepted after April 10, 2013. Cancellation refunds will be issued within 4-6 weeks after the seminar.
This program (program ID 1301033) is approved for 11.5 contact hours of continuing education (which includes 11.0 hours of pharmacology) by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. An additional 1.25 contact hours all of which includes pharmacology is available if you attend the Saturday morning breakfast. Therefore the total contact hours available over the two days is 12.75 including 12.25 contact hours of pharmacology.
If you are interested in exhibiting at the Spring Conference or Sponsorship of the conference Click Here